Thursday, June 10, 2010

So it begins

My local gaming group (and myself included) has caught 25mm Napoleonic 'bug'. We all have 15mm (and some of us have 10mm) armies, but with great prices on the 25/28mm plastic sets from such companies as Perry, Victrix and Hat, is time we took the plunge.

I will be, initially, working on a Bavarian force for the gaming system 'LaSalle' by Sam Mustafa. To me, it is one of the best (if not the best) Napoleonic wargame rule sets on the market currently. You can find out more about from the list of links on the right hand side. Our basing system will be the following :

Infantry : 50mm frontage by 50mm depth, 6 figures per base.
Cavalry : 50mm frontage by 50mm depth, 6 figures per base.
Artillery : 50mm frontage by 100mm depth, 1 gun and 3-4 crew per base.
Skirmishers : 50mm frontage by 25mm depth, 2 figures per base.

I will be using the new Hat miniatures 25/28mm Bavarians for this project. Once I get set up to start the process, I'll be taking some photos and giving some commentary as I go along. And before you ask or state the obvious, yes the Bavarians are 'plain jane', nothing special about them. Why would I do these then? The answer is quite simple. Because I want to.

More later this week, so stay tuned!

Steve
'The Dial Dude'

No comments:

Post a Comment