Friday, June 11, 2010

A quick review of Hat 28mm Marching Bavarians (28010)

So what's with the new Hat Industries new 28mm line? Are they any good? Let me try and shed some light on the subject as I'll do a quick review of them.
I'll start with the March poses that they offer, Item number 28010.
It contains 32 miniatures. They are cast in a hard plastic like most of the other plastic miniatures manufacturers. They are cast in a light blue color. Each box contains 4 sprues of 8.

The figures themselves do have a little flash on them but nothing to bad and that a quick exacto blade can't remove. Each sprue has 8 miniatures, 8 backpacks and 8 plumes. I really like the fact that they included the plumes for these so you can make shutzen and grenadier companies out of the same figures.
The overall detail is good, not as crisp as some of the other manufactures such as the Perry's or Victrix, but it is good. They do lack detail in facial features and hands. They are also thinner compared to everyone else as well.

One thing that I did have to deal with while assembling some tonight was that the pin for the backback and the back on the miniature itself doesn't match up. You have to trim down the pin to get the backpack to fit. Not that big of a deal either all things considered.

So what's my take on them? If you do a unit completely of Hat Bavarians, they will look great. I don't think that they would mix well with thier Old Glory counterparts as they are thinner. Detail wise, though not as good as other manufacturers, they are good enough to field on a gaming table. For the price of around $15.00, they are an awesome purchase.

I've got 6 primed up and I'll post later this weekend on how they paint up (complete with pictures). And I will do a quick review on the Command Pack (Item number 28012) mid next week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment