Monday, June 14, 2010

Hat 28mm Bavarians - painting them

Well, here is what I ended up with. Not to bad in my opinion. These are very easy to paint though I do need to continue to work on my painting skills compared to some of the others that are out there. This is the first of 4 stands that I will be working on the rest of the week. I should have 3 more stands completed by Saturday/Sunday of this week. That will give me time to do a quick review of the Bavarian Command set over the weekend as well.

You will notice that there is an empty strip along the back edge of the base. Thanks to Joe Krone (see the link to his site on the right hand side), I'll be following his standards of basing by adding a label. I'll have more on that as I get those finished up as I'm 'toying' with the idea of changing them up a bit. But again more on that later.


Front view


Back views

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! Reccomend maybe a light wash to blend them in.

    Is that base 50mm by 50mm? Hard to tell with the photo but I see you left a area for unit lables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that I need to add a wash to them, but I'm REALLY afriad that I will mess up what basic start I have with these. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, by all means, speak up!

    I've thought about using the 'dip' on them, but I'm afraid of what that will do. Maybe a test is in order.

    ReplyDelete